Old posts

I had another blog, but I didn't like the name, so I chose this one. This was the only post I'd done, so I thought I'd move it over here, because I now find this story pretty funny. Even if it wasn't at the time!

.........

An Old Irish Blessing

May the road rise up to meet you.
May the wind always be at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face,
and rains fall soft upon your fields.
And until we meet again,
May God hold you in the palm of His hand.



As I was setting up this blog, I had (yet another) insight into how the Lord keeps me in the palm of His hand. I was making breakfast, and I moved the pan off the stove to put the bacon and eggs in, and somehow I tipped the oil from the pan all over the stove. And it went WHOOSH! As panic gripped me, and I mentally screamed HELP, whilst frantically trying to remember the Australian fire brigade number (000), the flames started to drop, and I was able to dart in and turn off the stove. As soon as that happened, the flames pretty much went out. The day was saved, I flopped onto the sofa with trembling legs, and thought about the merits of getting a fire blanket.

I am very accident prone, and this seems to be made worse whenever we hold a party. The first party we held, I had an allergic reaction to chilli and my hand swelled up. The second party, I shorted out the house (twice) and stabbed myself in the hand. The most recent dinner party we held, involved the blender regurgitating its contents all over the kitchen. And well, today I came just short burning down the house. And there are a plethora of other incidents that I can't recall right now where accidents have happened, but I've never been seriously hurt. Having the kind of experience I just had just makes me want to praise Him so much, for I am so thankfully for the ways He works in my life, for the many blessings that I have been given, and for the way He has sheltered me.

0 comments: